Sunday, June 20, 2010

How would I decorate a room with this theme?

I want to base a room off of this exquisite mermaid painting I have. There are a lot of blues, greens and oranges in the painting. The entire painting is of the mermaid sitting on a rock underwater, her arms are trying to grab her hair, or they are combing her hair. and you can't see her face because her hair is flowing over it. This is an extreme close-up, almost life like picture. I DO NOT want a nautical or even water-beachy theme. I'm trying to base the room off of this beautiful painting. Any, any, any suggestions?



How would I decorate a room with this theme?

I would probably paint the room with a color in the orange family, not "bright", but more sunrise color, and then perhaps rag or sponge a brown over it. Home Depot can show you how to do this, and I think they even have classes. As for furniture, I would get brown and accent with orange and green pillows. Accesories would be pretty glass vases, plates, candles that are the greens, blues and oranges in the painting.



How would I decorate a room with this theme?

take one wall and go flesh tones rag it . then take what ever the sutle colors are in the painting and apply to the other three walls use the color of her hair as the accent color for your pillows and any thing else that you might want .



How would I decorate a room with this theme?

Check out the color "Rainwashed" at http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yo... just click on the color visualizer.



If the painting is not framed, you could utilize the orange color in the frame. It sounds like a gorgeous picture, I wish I knew where you found it, I'd like to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan