Sunday, June 20, 2010

My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

I have a beautiful tortoise shell calico. I was brushing her tonight and noticed she had a lot of flea dirt. I thought it was odd since, as far as I knew, she didn't have fleas. I combed more and more and found more and more. Finally I started combing her hair apart to check if she did have fleas and saw one move. I parted some more hair just to make sure and I found another one, or could have been the same one I don't know. A couple years ago we had fleas pretty bad on all our animals. At the time it was 4 cats, 2 ferrets and 2 dogs and our main concern was the ferrets since they can die from anemia from flea bites. We used some flea spray for the vet and it really helped. There were no more fleas on the ferrets and we didn't find any on the cats either. Last night was the first time I have seen one since that time. Two of my cats are much easier to check because they are lighter colored so you can see fleas move through the fur. None of them have shown signs of extra itchiness.



My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

Yes, you do need to. Fleas lay eggs, which hatch in your carpet. I'm afraid they estimate that 95% of any flea population live in the environment, so unless you treat your carpet you're not going to get rid of the flea infestation.



Cats don't always go mad when they have fleas, depends how sensitive they are. Go back to the vets for some proper treatment and treat the cats regularly - recommend Frontline Plus. You can also pick up a house spray while you're there.



Chalice



My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

yes. you should treat all your other animals to



My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

you have to flee every month.buy house flee spray from vets and do carpets,bedding,curtains,they hide there eggs then cats get again if you dont get rid off



My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

um.... i think so... but... just an added information... did you know that there are over 1,000,000 species of fleas and 39% of them are living under you carpent, baseboards and other places in your household. you just don't see them. so i suggest you treat your carpet.



My cat has fleas, do I need to treat my carpet too?

use zodiac flea spray and spray the whole house it will kill every flea and bug in the house

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan