Thursday, June 17, 2010

Personal Injury - do I have rights for restraining?

I am legally separated and have 2 children that I share custody with their dad. My concern is with the care that my 4 yr old daughter is receiving from my ex閳ユ獨 girlfriend. My girl閳ユ獨 hair is falling out (have pictures and emails addressing this) and even though I have addressed this issue w/ the dad, he still allows his girlfriend to care for my daughters hair. They have even sent her to school with wet hair. She is bi-racial and that is traumatic on her hair, it needs oils not water. I have offered suggestions that have been conveyed to the girlfriend, but ignored. Dad has the kids every other weekend and two days during the week. My daughter sleeps in a satin bonnet at home, as most women should to protect their hair, so there really is not a reason to comb her hair often other than to be spiteful. I abide by his requests regarding our 7yr old son and my boyfriend, so this is not an issue of 閳ユitter lonely controlling ex閳?syndrome閳?lol



Personal Injury - do I have rights for restraining?

You should absolutely take control of any situation that is bringing harm to your child. It is not only your right, but your job. Cover your behind legally by documenting this situation. (the pictures are great) Right now it is your Ex that is the lynch pin problem. If he's conveying this message and it's not getting through, there are two possibilities. She's ignoring it and continuing to harm your daughter, or your ex is soft selling it and your daughter is continuing to be harmed. Either way, take control now. The pictures and documentation will hold more weight than a verbal complaint from either you or your daughter. Some will assume you just don't like the new girlfriend. Stop letting her go over there now, get some legal advice and protect your girl. Good luck.



Personal Injury - do I have rights for restraining?

You should pick and choose your battles and this is not a big one. If you bring up this issue in court you run the risk of losing credibility and it takes a lot more to get restraining orders than a bad hair day. But it's worth staying on Dad about. Give Dad, girlfriend, daughter strict instructions - not suggestions - on her hair care or do her hair in a way that will stay for 2 days so they don't have to touch it, and make sure they take her bonnet with her. If the girlfriend is white she may not understand the importance of proper hair care for other races.



Personal Injury - do I have rights for restraining?

Wow, I can not believe that you are even questioning what you should do. It is your daughter, it is your job to keep her safe. Take care of her!



Personal Injury - do I have rights for restraining?

Try sending the correct things to use with your daughter. Be sweet when you point out that you have sent along her "favorite" oils and bonnet and etc. The girlfriend may not know how to do it and may feel embarrassed to ask. I know I would and I wouldn't want my bf's ex teaching me. Plus, it may be the dad, not the gf. You can talk to a lawyer, but it will cause problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan